Tuesday, November 4, 2008

...because I'm here

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
because I’m here Current mood: chipper Category: taking a quick break from my studies! Goals, Plans, Hopes
With school back in full swing, kids, work, home, church, and million other things that require my attention I often feel overwhelmed. I admit my plate is full. If you know me, then you know "I am hard to get and easy to miss", as my bestie would say.
The weekends are even worse for me because while others are relaxing and "sleeping in" on Saturday mornings- I am just comg in from a 12hr shift and rushing off to do a rehearsal. But, you know what ? This is not a complaint. Matter of fact, I'm going to give myself two kudos & a hot cup green tea for being this strong and determined to accomplish my goals. Besides, there are many people who would love to be able to do half of the things that we all do on a daily basis. (believe me, I know. I work for them) So, before you complain about being overworked and underpaid. Think about the great opportunity that God has given you. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift...that's why we call it the present. Be encouraged! Take some "me time" and keep it moving!




alright yall know I love good proverbs...so here's another one!!
Because I'm Here
An old monk was sweeping the yard in a monastery under the scorching sun.
Another monk passed by and asked him, "How old are you?"
The old monk replied, "I'm seventy-seven."
"You are so old! Why are you still working so hard here?"
"Well, because I'm here."
"But why are you working under the scorching sun?"
"Because the sun is there."
[Act without worrying about the results, and strive for excellence without dwelling on it.

No comments: