
I have "the fever". Spring Fever! (ah choo! excuse me!) It's spring time even though it was oddly cold today. (@45'F) In fact, there is a "freeze alert" tonight. But, it doesn't matter how cold it is, I have "Spring Fever!" I realized my condition a few days ago. Many people know when spring is in the air by the many physical signs that they experience that come in the forms of itchy, watery eyes, stuffy noses, and torturous fits of sneezing due to the pollen in the air. I have all of the above! In fact, my car is even covered with traces of yellow dust also known as pollen.
Just last week the birds and the bees were busy procreating and pollinating. The weather was really warm and pleasant. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right. The kind of weather that makes you wanna just stay outdoors all day and all night. Perhaps, thats what started my symptoms. Unfortunately, not only do I physically have "spring fever" but I am emotionally boiling over with this thing! I just feel so excited and anxious! I am definitely ready to finish up this semester and welcome summer!
Spring fever is not a definitive diagnostic category according to research. However, statistically, at least half of the people who live in the northern latitudes of USA and Canada experience more intensely the symptoms of Spring fever. Longer sunny days seem to have a direct impact on people’s psychological and physiological responses to the passage of the seasons. Spring fever is not just in the head. It is caused by an adjustment in body chemistry and seasonal biology.
No comments:
Post a Comment