Boy, was I wrong! The following week I began my summer nursing class. I decided to take this specific class during the month of June and get it out of the way. A fews days later I began an online sociology course. Needless to say I barely have time to enjoy my home. I have to admit that sometimes it is quite stressful balancing the family, school, volunteering, and work and well just managing life! But, I am not complaining because life is all about enjoying the ride. Life is about how you enjoy your days! How you live! I tend to forget that sometimes. A quick run to the gas station made me remember this.
As my usual routine requires, the other day I hurriedly stopped by the gas station to get some overpriced gasoline.(lol) As usual, the regular cashier was waiting to assist me. Let me tell you about the cashier. This particuluar cashier is a very well mannered, calm spirited guy who always takes out a moment to ask me how my day is going. "How's your day going?"he asked in a calm and sincere voice. Did he really want to know? I thought. My response? Before I knew it I had rattled off a list of complaints about how tired, weak, hungry, stressed, overworked, underpaid, desparately in need of a vacation, time at the spa, day with the girls... well you get the picture, right?
His response to my eratic answer changed my whole outlook. He simply smiled and said, "The Lord is you strength." I think I had forgotten that!
1 comment:
Awww.. Sometimes you hear a word in just the right season that makes you view everything differently..
Great stuff..
Post a Comment