
The number "911" is the universal emergency number for everyone in the United States. In 2000, approximately 150 million calls were made to 911, according to the National Emergency Number Association (NENA). If you were born in the 1960s or later, 911 was ingrained in you during childhood, and those born prior to 1968 have been exposed enough to 911 that it has become second nature. Prior to 1968, there was no standard emergency number. So whats your definition of an emergency? Difficulty breathing, fainting, drowning, unexplained seizures or convulsions? Bleeding that won’t stop, perhaps even a fire, motor vehicle accident injury, or an industrial accident is an emergency. A robbery in progress? Shooting? Just a few of situations that I would classify as an emergency. I definitely would call “911” in any of these scenarios.
Latreasa Goodman, 27, ordered a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets meal on Saturday night in Fort Pierce, Florida., but then she was told that the restaurant was out of McNuggets. The restaurant offered another item from the menu, but would not refund her money due to store policy. Goodman called 911 to report the incident. "I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," she is quoted as saying in the police report.
When police explained to Goodman that this was not an emergency situation, she replied: "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one."
People amaze me. What about you?
2 comments:
That is sooo hilarious but slightly scary to think how some people reason...
Abena, I don't why I am shocked everytime I see something like this. You're right ppl are hilarious.
Post a Comment